Youngs Coleman and his son, Thomas, established a south Texas ranching empire in the 1850's. The headquarters of their operation was here at Rincon where there was a fresh water depression. In 1871 the Colemans joined with George W. Fulton and T.H. and J.M. Mathis to form what became the Coleman-Fulton pasture company. The headquarters remained at Rincon and the ranch included a main house, worker housing, a school, commissary, and numerous other outbuildings. President William Howard Taft visited Rincon in 1909. The company was dissolved in the 1920's.
Historical Marker Location: from Gregory take FM 136 9 miles north
Source: Texas Historical Commission